Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Portrait Gallery. Office of the Director
Subject Files, 2008-2012
This accession consists of records documenting the activities of the National Portrait Gallery (NPG) during the tenure of Director Marc Pachter (2000-2008) and Martin Sullivan (2008-2012). Topics covered include exhibitions, digitization, staff meetings, and the Patent Office Building. Materials include correspondence, memoranda, proposals, reports, project records, invitations, brochures, and meeting minutes.
Restricted for 15 years, until Jan-01-2028; Transferring office; 06/05/2008 memorandum, Toda to Drummond; Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Sullivan, Martin E. (Martin Edward), 1944-2014
- Pachter, Marc
- Patent Office Building (Washington, D.C.)
- HIDE/SEEK: Difference and Desire in American Portraiture (Exhibition) (2010-2011: Washington, D.C.)
- 1812: A National Emerges (Exhibition) (2012-2013: Washington, D.C.)
- Seeing Gertrude Stein: Five Stories (Exhibition) (2011-2012: Washington, D.C.)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 14-278, National Portrait Gallery. Office of the Director, Subject Files