Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden. Office of the Registrar
Exhibition Records, circa 2004-2009
This accession consists of records documenting objects used in exhibitions at the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden (HMSG). Materials include correspondence, memoranda, loan record sheets, object lists, shipping forms, insurance information, promotional materials, floor plans, and related materials. Some materials are in electronic format.
Restricted for 15 years, until Jan-01-2025; Transferring office; 6/21/1990 memorandum, Wyant to Johnsen; Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Ways of Seeing: John Baldessari Explores the Collection (Exhibition) (2006-2007: Washington, D.C.)
- Ana Mendieta: Earth Body Sculpture and Performance, 1972-1985 (Exhibition) (2004-2005: Washington, D.C.)
- The Uncertainty of Objects and Ideas: Recent Sculpture (Exhibition) (2006-2007: Washington, D.C.)
- Refract, Reflect, Project: Light Works From the Collection (Exhibition) (2007: Washington, D.C.)
- Currents - Recent Acquisitions (Exhibition) (2007-2008: Washington, D.C.)
- Strange Bodies: Figurative Works from the Hirshhorn Collection (Exhibition) (2008-2009: Washington, D.C.)
- Louise Bourgeois (Exhibition) (2009: Washington, D.C.)
- Art museums
- Art, Modern
- Museum exhibits
- Museums -- Collection management
- Museum loans
- Museum registrars
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 14-195, Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden. Office of the Registrar, Exhibition Records