Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery. Office of the Director
Exhibition Records, circa 2003-2011
This accession consists of records documenting the planning and production of Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery exhibitions during the tenure of Director Julian Raby. Materials include correspondence, meeting notes, promotional materials, checklists, object lists, draft agreements, fundraising materials, proposals, floor plans, press releases, media reports, research materials, and related materials. Some materials are in electronic format.
Restricted for 15 years; until Jan-01-2027. Box 2 contains materials restricted indefinitely; see finding aid. Transferring office; 6/9/2001 memorandum, Alers to Hennessey; Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Raby, Julian
- Arthur M. Sackler Gallery (Smithsonian Institution)
- Freer Gallery of Art
- In the Beginning: Bibles Before the Year 1000 (Exhibition) (2006-2007: Washington, D.C.)
- Iraq and China: Ceramics, Trade, and Innovation (Exhibition) (2004-2005: Washington, D.C.)
- Gods of Angkor: Bronzes from the National Museum of Cambodia (Exhibition) (2010-2011: Washington, D.C.)
- Wine, Worship, and Sacrifice: The Golden Graves of Ancient Vani (Exhibition) (2007-2008: Washington, D.C.)
- Garden and Cosmos: The Royal Paintings of Jodhpur (Exhibition) (2008-2009: Washington, D.C.)
- Tsars and the East: Gifts from Turkey and Iran in the Moscow Kremlin (Exhibition) (2009: Washington, D.C.)
- Falnama: The Book of Omens (Exhibition) (2009-2010: Washington, D.C.)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 14-178, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery. Office of the Director, Exhibition Records