Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum
Website Records, 2006-2013
This accession consists of 4 websites and 1 blog maintained by the Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum (CHNDM) as they existed on December 6, 2013.
The main CHNDM website includes information about visiting, donating, educational programs, exhibitions, and events. This information reflects the closure of the museum building due to renovation. It also includes information about the National Design Awards presented annually by CHNDM.
The Cooper-Hewitt Archives website is a portal for the museum's non-current exhibition and event websites. CHNDM captures these websites using HTTrack prior to removing them from the main website.
The collection database website is a public beta release that includes information about approximately 80% of CHNDM's collections. This accession may not include all data available on the live website at the time of the crawl.
The Educator Resource Center website allows teachers and other educators to communicate in a group setting with CHNDM staff. It also provides lesson plans and links to design resources.
The "Cooper-Hewitt Labs" blog provides a behind the scenes look at the work of CHNDM's Digital and Emerging Media Department. The blog was opened in December 2011.
Materials are in electronic format.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum. Digital and Emerging Media Department
- Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum. Educator Resource Center
- Campana Brothers Select: Works from the Permanent Collection (Online exhibition)
- National Design Triennial: Design Life Now (Online exhibition)
- Design USA: Contemporary Innovation (Online exhibition)
- Fashioning Felt (Online exhibition)
- IDEO Selects: Works from the Permanent Collection (Online exhibition)
- Provoking Magic: Lighting of Ingo Maurer (Online exhibition)
- Piranesi as Designer (Online exhibition)
- Rococo: The Continuing Curve 1730-2008 (Online exhibition)
- National Design Triennial: Why Design Now? (Online exhibition)
- Cooper-Hewitt Labs (Blog)
- Web sites
- Art museums
- Art and design
- Museums -- Public relations
- Museums -- Educational aspects
- Decorative arts
- Special events
- National Design Awards
- Museums -- Collection management
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 14-122, Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, Website Records