Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage
Website Records, 2010-2013
This accession consists of three websites maintained by the Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage.
The Smithsonian Folklife Festival website, crawled on July 18, 2013, provides information about the 2013 Festival and background information about each of the featured programs. It also contains historical information about the Festival and a blog, with posts dating as early as June 2010. Due to technical issues, much of the video was not properly captured.
The Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage website, crawled on July 31, 2013, includes information about the Center, its research initiatives, and its archival collections. It also includes online exhibitions and electronic versions of the newsletter, "Talk Story."
The Smithsonian/Folkways Recordings website as it existed on August 4, 2013. Folkways is the non-profit recording label of the Smithsonian Institution, dedicated to supporting cultural diversity and increased understanding among peoples through the documentation, preservation, and dissemination of sound. The website includes information about the program, educational resources, and podcasts as well as an online version of "Smithsonian Folkways Magazine." This accession does not include audio tracks and, due to technical issues, much of the video was not properly captured.
Materials are in electronic format.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Smithsonian/Folkways Recordings
- Hungarian Heritage: Roots to Revival (Online exhibition)
- One World, Many Voices: Endangered Languages and Cultural Heritage (Online exhibition)
- The Will to Adorn: African American Diversity, Style, and Identity (Online exhibition)
- The Art of Tattooing (Online exhibition)
- Assembling the Festival Program: Colombia (Online exhibition)
- Arts in Conservation Education (Online exhibition)
- Malian Bogalan (Online exhibition)
- Forest Service, Culture, and Community: Inspirations from the Forest (Online exhibition)
- Tribute to a Generation: National WWII Reunion (Online exhibition)
- Waterways: Mid-Atlantic Maritime Communities (Online exhibition)
- The Silk Road: Connecting Cultures, Creating Trust (Online exhibition)
- Mekong Lifeways: The Stories of Six Communities (Online exhibition)
- Smithsonian Folklife Festival
- Talk Story (Newsletter)
- Smithsonian Folkways Magazine (Serial)
- Web sites
- Folk festivals
- Folk music
- Museums -- Public relations
- Museum exhibits
- Museums -- Educational aspects
- Museum publications
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 13-283, Smithsonian Institution, Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage, Website Records