Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Archives
Website Records, 2013
This accession consists of two websites maintained by the Smithsonian Institution Archives (SIA).
The main SIA website, crawled on June 16, 2013, includes information for researchers, staff, and the general public regarding reference, records management, and preservation. It also includes publications, resources for teachers, online exhibitions, historical images, and narrative histories of the Smithsonian Institution and its museums, research centers, activities, and staff. In addition, the website includes the blog, "The Bigger Picture: Exploring Archives and Smithsonian History."
"Click! Photography Changes Everything," a collection of essays and stories by invited contributors and visitors discussing how photography shapes our culture and our lives, was crawled on July 10, 2013. The website was originally created by the Smithsonian Photography Initiative which became part of SIA on March 31, 2009. Although the website continues to be maintained, content is no longer being added.
Materials are in electronic format.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Smithsonian Institution
- Smithsonian Photography Initiative
- Historic Pictures of the Smithsonian (Online exhibition)
- Stories from the Smithsonian (Online exhibition)
- Joseph Henry: A Life in Science (Online exhibition)
- The Smithsonian at the Turn of the Century (Online exhibition)
- Baird's Dream: History of the Arts and Industries Building (Online exhibition)
- Artists at Work: Creativity at the Smithsonian (Online exhibition)
- Spencer F. Baird's Vision for a National Museum (Online exhibition)
- Greetings from the Smithsonian: A Postcard History of the Smithsonian Institution (Online exhibition)
- Presidential Inaugural Balls at the Smithsonian (Online exhibition)
- The Bigger Picture: Exploring Archives and Smithsonian History (Blog)
- Click! Photography Changes Everything (Website)
- Web sites
- Museum archives
- Archives -- Public relations
- Archives -- Collection management
- Museums -- Educational aspects
- Records -- Management
- Museums -- Employees
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 13-261, Smithsonian Institution, Archives, Website Records