Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum. Product Design and Decorative Arts Department
Exhibition Records, circa 1982-2009
This accession consists of records documenting the planning and design of exhibitions at the Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum. The majority of the material consists of images of objects on loan or considered for loan to the museum for unspecified exhibitions. The remainder of the material includes correspondence, checklists, label text, exhibition drawings, floor plans, and related materials.
Restricted for 15 years, until Jan-01-2025; Transferring office; 10/4/1994 memorandum, Kirby to Watkins; Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Scandinavian Modern 1880-1980 (Exhibition) (1982-1983: New York, N.Y.)
- Courts and Colonies: The William and Mary Style in Holland, England, and America (Exhibition) (1988-1989: New York, N.Y.)
- Flora Danica and the Heritage of Danish Porcelain (Exhibition) (1990: New York, N.Y.)
- Bon Voyage! Designs for Travel (Exhibition) (1986: New York, N.Y.)
- Revolution, Life, and Labor: Soviet Porcelains, 1918-1985 (Exhibition) (1992-1993: New York, N.Y.)
- Jewels of Lalique (Exhibition) (1998: New York, N.Y.)
- Huguenot Legacy: English Silver, 1680-1760 (Exhibition) (1999: New York, N.Y.)
- Curators Select: Recent Acquisitions, 2003–2008 (Exhibition) (2008-2009: New York, N.Y.)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
- Architectural drawings
- Floor plans
- Black-and-white photographs
- Black-and-white negatives
- Color photographs
- Color transparencies
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 13-240, Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum. Product Design and Decorative Arts Department, Exhibition Records