Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
Website Records, 2011-2013
This accession consists of three websites and one blog maintained by the Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery (FSG).
The FSG website, crawled November 29, 2012, includes online exhibitions, visitor information, donor information, and educational resources.
The "Roads of Arabia" website, crawled December 5, 2012, accompanies the traveling exhibition of the same name. It provides information about the exhibition, the tour, and related events and activities. In addition, it provides information for the press and links to educational resources.
The "Ceramics in Mainland Southeast Asia: Collections in the Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery" website, crawled April 3, 2013, provides information about southeast Asian ceramics, organized by materials, place, and time. Each section provides information about relevant objects in the FSG collections. In addition, there is a library of essays on special topics. The content is maintained by curator Louise Allison Cort with George Ashley Williams and David P. Rehfuss.
The "Bento: Thinking Outside the Box" blog, crawled November 29, 2012, shares the stories of the museums' resources, staff, exhibitions, and special events. The first post to the blog was November 29, 2011.
Materials are in electronic format.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Cort, Louise Allison, 1944-
- Williams, George Ashley
- Rehfuss, David P.
- Arthur M. Sackler Gallery (Smithsonian Institution)
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Roads of Arabia (Traveling exhibition)
- Wine, Worship, and Sacrifice: The Golden Graves of Ancient Vani (Online exhibition)
- In the Beginning: Bibles Before the Year 1000 (Online exhibition)
- Word Play: Contemporary Art by Xu Bing (Online exhibition)
- Ancestor Worship Today (Online exhibition)
- A Closer Look at Conservation: Chinese Commemorative Portraits (Online exhibition)
- Faith and Form: Selected Calligraphy and Painting from Japanese Religious Traditions (Online exhibition)
- Garden and Cosmos: The Royal Paintings of Jodhpur (Online exhibition)
- The Sensuous and the Sacred: Chola Bronzes from South India (Online exhibition)
- Tibetan Healing Mandala (Online exhibition)
- Devi: The Great Goddess (Online exhibition)
- Puja: Expressions of Hindu Devotion (Online exhibition)
- Encompassing the Globe: Portugal and the World in the 16th and 17th Centuries (Online exhibition)
- Celebrate the Arts of the Silk Road (Online exhibition)
- Roads of Arabia (Website)
- Ceramics in Mainland Southeast Asia: Collections in the Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery (Website)
- Bento: Thinking Outside the Box (Blog)
- Art museums
- Art, Asian
- Web sites
- Museum exhibits
- Museums -- Public relations
- Museums -- Educational aspects
- Traveling exhibitions
- Museums -- Collection management
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 13-169, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Website Records