Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Latino Center
Website Records, 2006-2012
This accession consists of a website and blog maintained by the Smithsonian Latino Center (SLC). The SLC works pan-institutionally with the entire network of Smithsonian Institution museums, research centers, programs, and nationwide affiliates to ensure that Latino culture, achievement and contributions are celebrated and recognized.
The SLC website, crawled on July 26, 2011, includes online exhibitions and information about educational programs, Latino-related collections throughout the Smithsonian Institution, special events, and the Latino Virtual Museum.
The Latino Virtual Museum blog, crawled on July 17, 2012, documents the development of the Latino Virtual Museum and encourages dialogue about the process and production of virtual world building in Second Life, an online three-dimensional virtual world. The first post to the blog was in October 2006. It was last updated in March 2012.
Materials are in electronic format.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Smithsonian Institution
- Smithsonian Latino Center. Latino Virtual Museum
- Southern Identity: Contemporary Argentine Art (Online exhibition)
- Panama at the Smithsonian (Online exhibition)
- Posters from the Division of Community Education (DIVEDCO) of Puerto Rico, 1949-1989 (Online exhibition)
- Mexican Treasures of the Smithsonian (Online exhibition)
- Legacy: Spain and the United States in the Age of Independence, 1763-1848 (Online exhibition)
- Antonio: 25 Years of Creative Collaboration (Online exhibition)
- Second Life (Web site)
- Web sites
- Museums -- Public relations
- Museums -- Educational aspects
- Museums -- Collection management
- Latin Americans
- Hispanic Americans
- Museum exhibits
- Special events
- Virtual reality
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 13-113, Smithsonian Latino Center, Website Records