Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Latino Center
Exhibition Records, 1999-2006
This accession consists of records that document exhibitions developed by the Smithsonian Latino Center (SLC) whose goal it is ensure that Latino contributions to the arts, sciences, and humanities are highlighted, understood, and advanced through the development and support of public programs, research, museum collections, and educational opportunities at the Smithsonian Institution.
Also included are records from when the SLC was known as the Smithsonian Center for Latino Initiatives (SCLI). Materials include correspondence, memoranda, clippings, images, interview transcripts, floor plans, design drawings, proposals, budget records, brochures, release forms, gift agreements, press releases, contracts, and clippings.
Restricted for 15 years, until Jan-01-2022; Transferring office; 10/12/2012 memorandum, Toda to Key; Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Smithsonian Center for Latino Initiatives
- Revealing Personal Identity: The Indigenous Vision of Manuel Carrillo (Online exhibition)
- Americanos: Latino Life in the United States (Traveling exhibition) (1999-2004)
- Santos: Substance and Soul (Exhibition) (2000-2001: Washington, D.C.)
- Antonio: 25 Years of Creative Collaboration (Online exhibition)
- Inside/Out: Growing Old in the United States (Online exhibition)
- ¡Azúcar! The Life and Music of Celia Cruz (Exhibition) (2005-2006: Washington, D.C.)
- Our Journeys/Our Stories: Portraits of Latino Achievement (Online exhibition)
- Ritmos de Identidad/Rhythms of Identity: Fernando Ortiz's Legacy and the Howard Family Collection of Percussion Instruments (Exhibition) (2000: Washington, D.C.)
- Corridos Sin Fronteras: A New World Ballad Tradition (Traveling exhibition) (2002-2004)
- Tales of Lienzos (Online exhibition)
- Young Americanos: Photographic Visions of Our Community (Exhibition) (2001: Washington, D.C.)
- Hispanic Americans
- Hispanic Americans -- Ethnic identity
- Hispanic Americans -- Social life and customs
- Museum exhibits
- Traveling exhibitions
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
- Floor plans
- Black-and-white negatives
- Color photographs
- Color transparencies
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 13-018, Smithsonian Latino Center, Exhibition Records