Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Museum of American History. Office of the Director. Senior Scholar
Collections Planning Records, 2002-2010
This accession consists of records that document collections development planning at the National Museum of American History as well as across museums at the Smithsonian Institution. The records were created and maintained by James B. Gardner during his tenure at the National Museum of American History (NMAH), first as the Associate Director for History, Department of History; and then as the Associate Director of Curatorial Affairs, Office of Curatorial Affairs; and lastly as Senior Scholar, Office of the Director. The materials cover a collections planning colloquium organized by NMAH and the American Association of Museums, collections planning efforts at NMAH, and a Smithsonian-wide collections planning symposium. Materials include correspondence, memoranda, reports, collecting plans, presentations, and other related materials.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Gardner, James B., 1950-
- National Museum of American History (U.S.). Office of Curatorial Affairs. Associate Director for Curatorial Affairs
- National Museum of American History (U.S.). Department of History. Associate Director for History
- American Association of Museums
- Smithsonian Institution -- Administration
- Museums -- Collection management
- Museums -- Administration
- Congresses and conventions
- Historical museums
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 11-288, National Museum of American History. Office of the Director. Senior Scholar, Collections Planning Records