Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Zoological Park. Office of Animal Programs
Subject Files, circa 1976-1981
This accession consists of records documenting the symposium, "Migrant Birds in the American Tropics: Distribution, Ecology, Behavior, and Conservation," held October 27-29, 1977, at the Conservation and Research Center as well as the resulting publication, "Migrant Birds in the Neotropics: Ecology, Behavior, Distribution, and Conservation," published by the Smithsonian Institution Press in 1980. The symposium was organized by Eugene S. Morton, Research Zoologist, Office of Animal Programs, and Allen Keast, Professor of Biology, Queen's University (Ontario), and was sponsored by the National Zoological Park. Materials include correspondence, abstracts, manuscripts, notes, programs, reviews, a copy of the publication, a press release, and related materials.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Morton, Eugene S.
- Keast, Allen
- Conservation and Research Center (National Zoological Park)
- Smithsonian Institution. Press
- National Zoological Park (U.S.)
- Queen's University (Kingston, Ont.)
- Migrant Birds in the American Tropics: Distribution, Ecology, Behavior, and Conservation (Symposium)
- Migrant Birds in the Neotropics: Ecology, Behavior, Distribution, and Conservation (Monograph : 1980)
- Migratory birds
- Wildlife conservation
- Zoology -- Research
- Museum publications
- Congresses and conventions
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 12-172, National Zoological Park. Office of Animal Programs, Subject Files