Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Website Records, 2011
This accession consists of six websites of the Smithsonian Associates as they existed on July 6, 2011. Included is the main website for the Smithsonian Associates as well as websites for the Art Collectors Program, Civil War Studies, the Discovery Theater, the Masters of Arts in the History of Decorative Arts, and Smithsonian Sleepovers.
The main Smithsonian Associates website includes a general overview of its continuing education programs and serves as a portal to the websites of its programs. The Art Collectors Program website provides guidance on purchasing art and offers program-commissioned artwork for sale. The Civil War Studies website uses photographs, articles, and trivia to provide historical information about the Civil War and provides links to Civil War programs and tours offered by the Resident Associate Program and Smithsonian Journeys. The Discovery Theater website provides information about its children's shows. The Masters of Arts in the History of Decorative Arts website is hosted by George Mason University, the Smithsonian Associates' partner in the program, and provides information about the program, coursework, degree requirements, faculty, and student research. The Smithsonian Sleepovers website provides information about overnight programs for children at the National Museum of Natural History. Materials are in electronic format.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Smithsonian Associates. Art Collectors Program
- Smithsonian Associates. Civil War Studies
- Smithsonian Associates. Discovery Theater
- Smithsonian Associates. Masters of Arts in the History of Decorative Arts
- Smithsonian Associates. Smithsonian Sleepovers
- Smithsonian Associates. Resident Associate Program
- Smithsonian Institution. Smithsonian Enterprises. Smithsonian Journeys
- George Mason University
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.)
- Web sites
- Museums -- Educational aspects
- Museums -- Public relations
- Art appreciation
- Children’s theater
- Decorative arts
- Continuing education
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 11-225, Smithsonian Associates, Website Records