Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Museum of the American Indian. Office of the Director
Architecture and Construction Files, 1990-2004
This accession consists of records documenting architectural design, construction and renovation of National Museum of the American Indian facilities during the tenure of W. Richard West, Director, 1990-2007. Materials include correspondence and memoranda; leases and agreements; reports; floor plans; architectural drawings; specifications; images; and other supporting documentation. Facilities include the George Gustav Heye Center in New York, New York; the Cultural Resources Center in Suitland, Maryland; and the National Mall Building in Washington, D.C.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- West, W. Richard
- National Museum of the American Indian Building (Washington, D.C.)
- National Museum of the American Indian (U.S.). George Gustav Heye Center
- National Museum of the American Indian (U.S.). Cultural Resources Center
- Indians of North America -- Museums
- Museum directors
- Architectural design
- Museum buildings
- Buildings -- Repair and reconstruction
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 10-229, National Museum of the American Indian. Office of the Director, Architecture and Construction Files