Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
United States National Museum
Specimen Catalog Books, 1943
These records consist of microfilm copies of United States National Museum departmental and divisional specimen catalog books. The copies were made in 1943 by the National Archives in connection with the program for the protection of government records. Microfilm is 35mm panchromatic non-halation safety negative film. Catalog books concern crustacea, echinoderms, gems, meteorites, paleobotany, paleozoic invertebrates, radiates, worms, protozoans, paleontology, bryozoans, rocks, plants, helminthology, graphic arts, the Charles Upham Shepard mineral collections, the Washington A. Roebling Collection, the Frederick A. Canfield Geology Collection, the Springer Geology Collection, and Cenozoic Invertebrates Station Data.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Canfield, Frederick A. (Frederick Alexander), 1849-1926
- Springer, Frank, |d 1848-1927
- Roebling, Washington Augustus, 1837-1926
- Shepard, Charles Upham, 1804-1886
- United States. National Archives and Records Service
- United States National Museum. Cenozoic Invertebrates Station
- Graphic arts
- Museums -- Collection management
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession T89035, United States National Museum, Specimen Catalog Books