Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
United States National Museum. Administrative Assistant
Correspondence and Memoranda, 1886-1932
This accession consists of various files kept by William de Chastignier Ravenel in his capacity as Administrative Assistant, United States National Museum. Included are files concerning his work with the American Association of Museums, the Red Cross Museum, the malaria outbreak in the Arts and Industries Building in the 1880's, and other administrative matters. Materials also include a file of brochures on other museums and proofs of a 1916 National Advisory Committee on Aeronautics report.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Ravenel, W. de C. (William de Chastignier), 1859-1933
- American Association of Museums
- Red Cross Museum
- Arts and Industries Building (Washington, D.C.)
- United States. National Advisory Committee on Aeronautics
- Smithsonian Institution -- Administration
- United States National Museum
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession xx-026, United States National Museum. Administrative Assistant, Correspondence and Memoranda