Finding Aids to Personal Papers and Special Collections in the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Hoffmann, Robert S.
Robert S. Hoffmann Papers, circa 1959-1986
Robert S. Hoffmann, an expert in systematics and ecology, served as Director of the National Museum of Natural History from 1985-1988; Assistant Secretary for Research, 1988-1991; Assistant Secretary for the Sciences, 1992-1994; and Assistant Provost for the Sciences, 1995.
This accession consists of records that document Hoffman's career at the University of Kansas, where he was professor in the Zoology Department and the Department of Systematics and Ecology, as well as curator of mammals at the university's Museum of Natural History. Materials include correspondence concerning his research, professional activities, scientific collaborations, and administrative matters.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Hoffmann, Robert S.
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.). Office of the Director
- Smithsonian Institution. Assistant Secretary for Research
- Smithsonian Institution. Assistant Secretary for the Sciences
- Smithsonian Institution. Assistant Provost for the Sciences
- University of Kansas
- University of Kansas. Department of Systematics and Ecology
- University of Kansas. Museum of Natural History
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 07-025, Robert S. Hoffmann Papers