Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden. Programs Department
Exhibition Records, 2005-2008
This accession consists of records created and maintained by Anne Ellegood, Curator of Contemporary Art, 2005-2009, documenting the planning, development, and installation of exhibitions at the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden. Exhibitions documented in this accession include The Cinema Effect: Illusions, Reality, and the Moving Image; DIRECTIONS: Jim Lambie; DIRECTIONS: Amy Sillman, Third Person Singular; The Uncertainty of Objects and Ideas: Recent Sculpture; DIRECTIONS: Terence Gower, Public Spirit; Currents: Recent Acquisitions; and Refract, Reflect, Project: Light Works From the Collection. Records also document works of art in the permanent galleries and staff offices. Materials include correspondence, memoranda, notes, research materials, floor plans, images of artwork, checklists, label text, graphics, clippings, press releases, exhibition proposals, brochures, floor plans, budgets, and related materials.
Restricted for 15 years, until Jan-01-2024; Transferring office; 12/14/1984 memorandum, Massa to Davis; Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Ellegood, Anne
- The Cinema Effect: Illusions, Reality, and the Moving Image (Exhibition) (2008: Washington, D.C.)
- The Uncertainty of Objects and Ideas: Recent Sculpture (Exhibition) (2006-2007: Washington, D.C.)
- DIRECTIONS: Amy Sillman, Third Person Singular (Exhibition) (2008: Washington, D.C.)
- DIRECTIONS: Jim Lambie (Exhibition) (2006: Washington, D.C.)
- DIRECTIONS: Terence Gower, Public Spirit (Exhibition) (2008-2009: Washington, D.C.)
- Currents: Recent Acquisitions (Exhibition) (2007-2008: Washington, D.C.)
- Refract, Reflect, Project: Light Works From the Collection (Exhibition) (2007: Washington, D.C.))
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 09-235, Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden. Programs Department, Exhibition Records