Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden. Curatorial Department
Exhibition Records, 1978-2002, 2006-2007
This accession consists of records created and maintained by Valerie J. Fletcher, Senior Curator of Modern Art, documenting the planning and publicity of exhibitions. Exhibitions documented in this accession include Edward Ruscha; William Kentridge; Gerhard Richter: Forty Years of Painting; George Segal, A Retrospective: Sculptures, Paintings, and Drawings; and Morris Louis. Some files also provide general documentation of incoming and outgoing loans. Materials include correspondence, memoranda, checklists, clippings, brochures, non-lending lists, and related materials.
Restricted for 15 years, until Jan-01-2023; Transferring office; 12/14/1984 memorandum, Massa to Davis; Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Fletcher, Valerie J.
- Edward Ruscha (Exhibition) (2000: Washington, D.C.)
- William Kentridge (Exhibition) (2001: Washington, D.C.)
- George Segal, A Retrospective: Sculptures, Paintings, and Drawings (Exhibition) (1998: Washington, D.C.)
- Gerhard Richter: Forty Years of Painting (Exhibition) (2003: Washington, D.C.)
- Morris Louis (Exhibition) (1987: Washington, D.C.)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 09-101, Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden. Curatorial Department, Exhibition Records