Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian American Art Museum. Office of the Director
Exhibition Records, 2002-2007
This accession consists of the exhibition records of Elizabeth Broun, Director, Smithsonian American Art Museum (SAAM), 1989- . SAAM exhibitions covered include: Eadweard Muybridge: The Central American Journey and William Wegman - Funny/Strange. Renwick Gallery exhibitions covered include: Ruth Duckworth, Modernist Sculptor; High Fiber; Jewels and Gems; Modernism in American Silver: 20th Century Design; and Grant Wood's Studio: Birthplace of American Gothic. Materials include correspondence, memoranda, contracts, meeting notes, and clippings.
Restricted for 15 years, until Jan-01-2023; Transferring office; 1/14/2009 memorandum, Toda to Howard; Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Broun, Elizabeth
- Renwick Gallery
- William Wegman - Funny/Strange (Exhibition) (2006: Washington, D.C.)
- Grant Wood's Studio: Birthplace of American Gothic (Exhibition) (2006: Washington, D.C.)
- Eadweard Muybridge: The Central American Journey (Exhibition) (2007: Washington, D.C.)
- Modernism in American Silver: 20th Century Design (Exhibition) (2005-2006: Washington, D.C.)
- Jewels and Gems (Exhibition) (2003-2004: Washington, D.C.)
- High Fiber (Exhibition) (2005: Washington, D.C.)
- Ruth Duckworth, Modernist Sculptor (Exhibition) (2006-2007: Washington, D.C.)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 09-070, Smithsonian American Art Museum. Office of the Director, Exhibition Records