Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Productions, 1967-2000 and undated
This accession consists of audiovisual materials produced and collected by Smithsonian Productions and its predecessor, the Office of Telecommunications. Productions in this accession include "Smithsonian at the Capitol" and "House of Wonders." Records also document Smithsonian Institution events (such as the Smithsonian's 150th Birthday party), lectures, news specials, promotions and public service announcements, regents meetings, and interviews. Materials include masters, originals, and copies on a variety of videotapes, 16mm films, 1" and 2" magnetic tapes, digital audio tapes (DAT), audiocassettes, and 1/4" audiotapes. Some materials are in electronic format.
Restrictions pertaining to the use of these materials may apply (based on contracts/copyright). Access restrictions may also apply if viewing/listening copies are not currently available. Viewing/listening copies can be made for a fee. Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Garber, Paul Edward, 1899-1992
- Meehan, John P.
- Adams, Robert McC. (Robert McCormick), 1926-
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications
- Smithsonian Associates. Campus on the Mall
- Smithsonian Institution. 150th Anniversary Program
- Smithsonian Institution -- Anniversaries, etc.
- Smithsonian at the Capitol (Video recording)
- House of Wonders (Documentary film)
- Charles Blair's Better World: Smithsonian: Inside the Nation's Attic (Documentary film)
- Smithsonian Institution 150th Birthday Party on the National Mall (1996: Washington, D.C.)
- Saudi Arabia: Tradition and Transition (Lectures: 1993)
- Smithsonian Fantastic Journey (Video recording: 1996)
- The Smithsonian Salutes Disney Music (Motion picture: 1992)
- Descubra El Smithsonian (Television production)
- Special events
- Audio-visual materials
- Lectures and lecturing
- Museums -- Educational aspects
- Museums -- Public relations
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
- Floppy disks
- Motion pictures (visual works)
- Sound recordings
- Electronic records
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 09-055, Smithsonian Productions, Productions