Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Productions, 1984-2001 and undated
This accession consists of footage taken by Smithsonian Productions and its predecessor units, Smithsonian Press/Smithsonian Productions and Office of Telecommunications, of various events in the careers of Secretary Sidney Dillon Ripley, 1964-1984; Secretary Robert McCormick Adams, 1984-1994; Secretary Ira Michael Heyman, 1994-2000; and Secretary Lawrence M. Small, 2000-2007. Events include installation ceremonies, press conferences, retirements, speeches, and visits with dignitaries. This accession also includes footage from an interview of Marc Pachter, Director of the National Portrait Gallery, done by David C. Driskell; a press conference held for the Kenneth E. Behring donation to the National Museum of American History; and a visit by Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist to The American Presidency: A Glorious Burden exhibition at the National Museum of American History. Materials include original video and audio footage, masters, dubmasters, and dubs. Note: Reference copies of footage of Rehnquist; Adams Farewell Dinner; Behring; and Small's press conference, installation, and "You Are What You Track" speech are available. Materials include Betacam-SP, Betacam, U-Matic, U-Matic S, VHS, and S-VHS videotapes and 1/4" audiotape.
Restrictions pertaining to the use of these materials may apply (based on contracts/copyright). Access restrictions may also apply if viewing/listening copies are not currently available. Viewing/listening copies can be made for a fee. Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Adams, Robert McC. (Robert McCormick), 1926-
- Heyman, Ira Michael, 1930-2011
- Small, Lawrence M.
- Ripley, S. Dillon (Sidney Dillon), 1913-2001
- Rehnquist, William H., 1924-2005
- Pachter, Marc
- Driskell, David C.
- Behring, Kenneth E., 1928-
- Smithsonian Press/Smithsonian Productions
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications
- National Portrait Gallery (U.S.)
- National Museum of American History (U.S.)
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of the Secretary
- The American Presidency: A Glorious Burden (Exhibition) (2000- : Washington, D.C.)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 07-150, Smithsonian Productions, Productions