Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Collections Information Systems Management Committee
Meeting Records, FY 1992-FY 2001
The Collections Information Systems Management Committee (CISMC) consists of one representative for each Smithsonian Institution (SI) collecting unit; one representative for each of the Under Secretaries; the Chief Technology Officer; the National Collections Coordinator; and the Chair of the Smithsonian Institution Research Information System Management Committee. The CISMC advocates Collections Information Systems (CIS) to Smithsonian units and central management as a high priority of the Institution; maintains a current understanding of CIS activities, systems, present and future needs, and plans throughout SI; encourages and facilitates cooperation and information sharing about CIS amongst SI units; provides cogent and timely advice to the Under Secretaries and the Director of the International Art Museums on the current status and future directions of CIS; recommends long term CIS priorities, funding, policies, plans, procedures, and systems that address institutional needs; promotes the use of national and international technical and information standards that foster the concepts of interoperability and facilitate the retrieval of information within broadly defined cultural and scientific communities; recommends the distribution of funds designated for CIS to the Chief Technology Officer; and promotes the use of current information technologies for advancing the use of CIS automated information on a local, national and international level and for assuring its applicability and compatibility with Smithsonian activities.
This accession consists of the meetings records of CISMC and includes meeting agendas, meeting minutes, correspondence and memoranda regarding meeting topics, drafts of the CISMC charter, and other related CIS materials.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of the Chief Technology Officer
- Smithsonian Institution. National Collections Program. National Collections Coordinator
- Smithsonian Institution. Smithsonian Institution Research Information System Management Committee. Chair
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of the Under Secretary for Science
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of the Under Secretary for Finance and Administration
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of the Under Secretary for History, Art, and Culture
- Museums -- Collection management
- Information technology
- Information storage and retrieval systems
- Information resources management
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 08-138, Smithsonian Institution, Collections Information Systems Management Committee, Meeting Records