Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Museum of Natural History
Website Records, 2007
This accession consists of three departmental websites as they existed in 2007. All were replaced by redesigned websites during the spring and summer of 2007. It is unknown when any of the three websites were first made available to the public.
The Department of Invertebrate Zoology website features information about staff research, departmental collections, and the history of the department. It also includes departmental newsletters, staff biographies, and information for visiting scientists.
The Department of Mineral Sciences website features information about departmental research, collections, programs, laboratories, exhibitions, and seminars as well as staff biographies.
The Department of Vertebrate Zoology website includes information for visiting scientists, fellows, volunteers, and interns; the departmental newsletter, "Backbone;" and staff biographies. The website also includes a subsection for each of the four divisions within the department, Division of Fishes, Division of Amphibians and Reptiles, Division of Birds, and Division of Mammals. Each subsection includes information about departmental research, collections, loans, programs, and policies as well as information for visiting scientists and for the public.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.). Department of Invertebrate Zoology
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.). Department of Mineral Sciences
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.). $ bDepartment of Vertebrate Zoology
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.). Division of Amphibians and Reptiles
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.). Division of Birds
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.). Division of Fishes
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.). Division of Mammals
- Backbone (National Museum of Natural History (U.S.). Department of Vertebrate Zoology) (Serial)
- Natural history museums
- Natural history museum curators
- Museums -- Collection management
- Museums -- Employees
- Museum exhibits
- Lectures and lecturing
- Web sites
- Museums -- Public relations
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 07-187, National Museum of Natural History, Website Records