Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden. Department of Education
Program Files, 1982, 1995-2000, and undated
This accession primarily consists of records documenting writer's workshops led by the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden in association with specific exhibitions. Each workshop results in a compilation of reflections and poetry related to the exhibition. Workshops covered in this accession are related to the exhibitions Edward Ruscha; Regarding Beauty: A View of the Late Twentieth Century; Chuck Close; and Jeff Wall. An additional workshop addresses the permanent collection. Records also document activities for school groups and other educational activities. Materials include compilations of writings from the workshops; a teacher packet for the exhibition DIRECTIONS: Cindy Sherman; and color photographs of activities.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Edward Ruscha (Exhibition) (2000: Washington, D.C.)
- Regarding Beauty: A View of the Late Twentieth Century (Exhibition) (1999-2000: Washington, D.C.)
- Chuck Close (Exhibition) (1998-1999: Washington, D.C.)
- George Segal, A Retrospective: Sculptures, Paintings, and Drawings (Exhibition) (1998: Washington, D.C.)
- Jeff Wall (Exhibition) (1997: Washington, D.C.)
- DIRECTIONS: Cindy Sherman (Exhibition) (1995: Washington, D.C.)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 07-186, Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden. Department of Education, Program Files