Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications
Production Records, 1984-1992
This accession consists of records documenting the production and distribution of the motion pictures "Yesterday's Tomorrows: Visions of the Future on Film;" "Quadrangle;" "Our Biosphere: The Earth in Our Hands;" "Enter Life;" and "Big Cats and How They Came to Be." Contracts include agreements with Pyramid Films, inc. regarding films animated by Faith Hubley and with Discovery Channel regarding distribution as well as limitations on the use of footage with Robert Redford. Materials include contracts, transcripts, concept statements, camera logs, correspondence, storage information, press releases, financial information, and related materials. Some materials are in electronic format.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Hubley, Faith
- Redford, Robert
- Discovery Channel (Firm)
- Pyramid Films, inc.
- Yesterday's Tomorrows: Visions of the Future on Film (Video recording : 1984)
- Quadrangle (Documentary film : c. 1984)
- Our Biosphere: The Earth in Our Hands (Motion picture : 1989)
- Enter Life (Motion picture : 1986)
- Big Cats and How They Came to Be (Motion picture : 1976)
- Intellectual property
- Motion pictures -- Distribution
- Motion pictures -- Production and direction
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 07-085, Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications, Production Records