Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
This accession consists of audio recordings created during the production of two compact discs, "Heartbeat: Voices of First Nations Women" and "Heartbeat 2: More Voices of First Nations Women," as well as related recordings. "Heartbeat," released in 1995, and "Heartbeat 2," released in 1998, were produced for Smithsonian Folkways and featured the music of Native American women. Materials include original masters, clone, remix, backup, and logs.
Restrictions pertaining to the use of these materials may apply (based on contracts/copyright). Access restrictions may also apply if listening copies are not currently available. Listening copies can be made for a fee. Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Smithsonian/Folkways Recordings
- Heartbeat: Voices of First Nations Women (Sound recording : 1995)
- Heartbeat 2: More Voices of First Nations Women (Sound recording : 1998)
- Indians of North America
- Indian women -- North America
- Indians of North America -- Music
- Women in music
- Museums -- Public relations
- Museums -- Educational aspects
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 06-272, Smithsonian Productions, Productions