Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications
This accession consists of audiovisual materials created during the production of "American Abstraction 1930-1945: The Artists Speak." This 30-minute interactive videodisc was completed in 1989 to enrich the National Museum of American Art exhibition, "Patricia and Philip Frost Collection: American Abstraction 1930-1945." Materials include interviews, portfolios, stills, masters, edited master, transfers, and dub masters.
Restrictions pertaining to the use of these materials may apply (based on contracts/copyright). Access restrictions may also apply if viewing/listening copies are not currently available. Viewing/listening copies can be made for a fee. Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- National Museum of American Art (U.S.)
- Patricia and Philip Frost Collection: American Abstraction 1930-1945 (Exhibition) (1990: Washington, D.C.)
- American Abstraction 1930-1945: The Artists Speak (Documentary film : 1989)
- Museum exhibits
- Art, Abstract -- United States
- Interactive video
- Video recordings -- Production and direction
- Documentary videos
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 06-204, Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications, Productions