Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Productions, 1987-1993, 2000
This accession consists of audiovisual materials created during the production of "Quadrangle" and "Preserving an Architectural Heritage: The Decorative Designs of Frank Lloyd Wright" as well as an assortment of audiovisual materials related to the National Museum of American History and its exhibitions. "Quadrangle" documents the construction of the Quadrangle building and discusses the importance of the collections to be exhibited there. The video includes interviews with Sidney Dillon Ripley, Secretary; Jean Paul Carlhian, Architect of the Quadrangle; and Sylvia H. Williams, Director of the National Museum of African Art as well as footage of budget hearings, the groundbreaking ceremony and party, meetings, and the construction site. "Preserving an Architectural Heritage: The Decorative Designs of Frank Lloyd Wright" was produced to accompany the traveling exhibition, "Frank Lloyd Wright: Preserving an Architectural Heritage, Decorative Designs from the Domino's Pizza Collection," mounted by the Smithsonian Traveling Exhibitions Service. The 12 minute video was completed in 1989. Audiovisual materials related to the National Museum of American History and its exhibitions include films used in exhibitions, general audio used in the museum, and interviews.
Restrictions pertaining to the use of these materials may apply (based on contracts/copyright). Access restrictions may also apply if viewing copies are not currently available. Viewing copies can be made for a fee. Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Ripley, S. Dillon (Sidney Dillon), 1913-2001
- Williams, Sylvia H.
- Carlhian, Jean Paul
- Wright, Frank Lloyd, 1867-1959
- Quadrangle Building (Washington, D.C.)
- Smithsonian Institution. Traveling Exhibition Service
- National Museum of American History (U.S.)
- Domino's Pizza Collection
- Frank Lloyd Wright: Preserving an Architectural Heritage, Decorative Designs from the Domino's Pizza Collection (Traveling exhibition) (1989-1992)
- Quadrangle (Video recording)
- Preserving an Architectural Heritage: The Decorative Designs of Frank Lloyd Wright (Motion picture)
- Museum buildings
- Traveling exhibitions
- Museum exhibits
- Architectural design
- Museums -- Educationals aspects
- Museums -- Public relations
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 06-247, Smithsonian Productions, Productions