Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications
This accession consists of videotapes created during the production of the video "Journalists of World War II: A Sampler." This video was shown as part of the 1994 National Portrait Gallery exhibit, "Reporting the War: The Journalistic Coverage of World War II." A version of this video was also created for the Arts and Entertainment Network and The History Channel. Featured journalists include William Shirer, Robert St. John, John Hersey, Bernard Perlin, and Bill Mauldin. Materials include a master, dubmasters, and an edited dubmaster.
Restrictions pertaining to the use of these materials may apply (based on contracts/copyright). Access restrictions may also apply if viewing copies are not currently available. Viewing copies can be made for a fee. Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Shirer, William L. (William Lawrence), 1904-1993
- St. John, Robert, 1902-2003
- Hersey, John, 1914-1993
- Perlin, Bernard, 1918-2014
- Mauldin, Bill, 1921-2003
- Arts and Entertainment Network
- History Channel (Television network)
- National Portrait Gallery (Smithsonian Institution)
- Reporting the War: The Journalistic Coverage of World War II (Exhibition) (1994: Washington, D.C.)
- Journalists of World War II: A Sampler (Video recording : 1994)
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Journalists
- Video recordings -- Production and direction
- Documentary videos
- Museum exhibits
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 06-196, Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications, Productions