Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications
This accession consists of audiovisual materials created during the production of "Beyond Category: The Music of Duke Ellington," and "Duke Ellington, American Musician." "Beyond Category: The Music of Duke Ellington" accompanied the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service exhibition, "Beyond Category: The Musical Genius of Duke Ellington." The video, completed in 1993, runs 16 minutes. "Duke Ellington, American Musician" accompanied the National Museum of American History exhibition of the same name. The video, completed in 1989, runs approximately 25 minutes. Materials for these productions include source tapes, protection masters, submasters, dubmasters, and edited masters.
Restrictions pertaining to the use of these materials may apply (based on contracts/copyright). Access restrictions may also apply if viewing/listening copies are not currently available. Viewing/listening copies can be made for a fee. Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Ellington, Duke, 1899-1974
- Smithsonian Institution. Traveling Exhibition Service
- National Museum of American History (U.S.)
- Duke Ellington, American Musician (Exhibition)
- Beyond Category: The Musical Genius of Duke Ellington (Traveling exhibition) (1993-1996)
- Beyond Category: The Music of Duke Ellington (Video recording)
- Duke Ellington, American Musician (Video recording)
- Museum exhibits
- Traveling exhibitions
- Video recordings -- Production and direction
- Documentary videos
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 06-210, Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications, Productions