Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Office of the Secretary
This accession consists of correspondence and related materials dealing with the function and administration of the Office of the Secretary during the tenures of Samuel P. Langley and Charles Doolittle Walcott. Correspondents include Alexander Graham Bell, the Bureau of American Ethnology, the Interstate Commerce Commission, the Library of Congress, and the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. For related material see Record Unit 45.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Bell, Alexander Graham, 1847-1922
- Langley, S. P. (Samuel Pierpont), 1834-1906
- Walcott, Charles D. (Charles Doolittle), 1850-1927
- Smithsonian Institution -- Administration
- United States. Interstate Commerce Commission
- Library of Congress
- Smithsonian Institution. Bureau of American Ethnology
- United States. National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 05-162, Smithsonian Institution, Office of the Secretary, Correspondence