Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications
Productions, 1984, 1991-1993
This accession consists of videotapes and audiotapes created during the production of the videos "Perpetual Campaign: The President, The People, and The Court;" "Low Road to High Office?;" "Negative Campaigns;" "Workers and Managers;" and "SI Political Collection." The first three videos were likely associated with a traveling exhibition "Perpetual Campaign: The Making of the People's President," produced by the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service. "Workers and Managers" was likely associated with the traveling exhibition "Who's in Charge: Workers and Managers in the United States," produced by the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service. No information can be found about the "SI Political Collection," except that John W. Hiller, Producer, Office of Telecommunications, probably worked on the video. Materials include interviews, window dubs, burn-ins, preview copies, loop tapes, dub masters, and edited masters.
Restrictions pertaining to the use of these materials may apply (based on contracts/copyright). Access restrictions may also apply if viewing/listening copies are not currently available. Viewing/listening copies can be made for a fee. Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Hiller, John W.
- Perpetual Campaign: The Making of the People's President (Traveling exhibition) (1992-1994)
- Who’s in Charge: Workers and Managers in the United States (Traveling exhibition) (1992-1996)
- Perpetual Campaign: The President, The People, and The Court (Video recording : 1992)
- Low Road to High Office? (Video recording : 1992)
- Negative Campaigns (Video recording : 1991)
- Workers and Managers (Video recording : 1993)
- SI Political Collection (Video recording : 1984)
- Video recordings -- Production and direction
- Traveling exhibitions
- Documentary videos
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 05-128, Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications, Productions