Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery. Curatorial - American Art
Exhibition Records, 1999-2004
This accession consists of the exhibition records of Kenneth Myers, former Associate Curator of American Art at the Freer Gallery of Art. They primarily cover his work on various exhibitions regarding James McNeill Whistler, including "Young Whistler: Early Prints and the French Set;" "Whistler in Paris: Lithographs from the Belle Epoque, 1891-1896;" "Mr. Whistler's Galleries: Avant-Garde in Victorian London;" "Whistler in Venice: The Pastels;" and "Whistler's Nudes." Also included are materials related to an exhibition catalog Myers wrote entitled, Mr. Whistler's Gallery: Pictures at an 1884 Exhibition. Materials in this collection include correspondence, memoranda, floor plans, and exhibition labels.
Restricted for 15 years, until Jan-01-2020; Transferring office; 3/23/2005 memorandum, Toda to Kaveeshwar; Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Whistler, James McNeill, 1834-1903
- Myers, Kenneth, 1955-
- Arthur M. Sackler Gallery (Smithsonian Institution)
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Young Whistler: Early Prints and the French Set (Exhibition) (2004-2005: Washington, D.C.)
- Whistler in Paris: Lithographs from the Belle Epoque, 1891–1896 (Exhibition) (2004: Washington, D.C.)
- Mr. Whistler's Galleries: Avant-Garde in Victorian London (Exhibition) (2003-2004: Washington, D.C.)
- Whistler in Venice: The Pastels (Exhibition) (2003: Washington, D.C.)
- Whistler's Nudes (Exhibition) (2002-2003 Washington, D.C.)
- Mr. Whistler's Gallery: Pictures at an 1884 Exhibition
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 05-109, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery. Curatorial - American Art, Exhibition Records