Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Museum of American Art. Office of Educational Programs
Program Records, 1993-1997
This accession includes video and audio elements of three films produced for the National Museum of American Art's five-part interdisciplinary series called "America Past and Present." Series titles in this accession are "Public Sculpture: America's Legacy," "Land & Landscape: Views of America's History and Culture," and "Latino Art and Culture in the United States." Each multimedia kit included a comprehensive study guide, a closed captioned video and reference visuals in a convenient storage case. Also in this accession are video and audio elements of "Latino Voices: Artists and Community," "1995 Latino Art and Culture Institute," "Landscape into History" and "Singular Impressions: The Art of Monotype." This last title is a video that accompanied the exhibit "Singular Impressions: The Monotype in America." Some materials are in electronic format.
Restrictions pertaining to the use of these materials may apply (based on contracts/copyright). Access restrictions may also apply if viewing/listening copies are not currently available. Viewing/listening copies can be made for a fee. Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Thomas Cole: Landscape into History (Exhibition) (1994: Washington, D.C.)
- Singular Impressions: The Monotype in America (Exhibition) (1997: Washington, D.C.)
- Land and Landscape: Views of America's History and Culture (Video recording : 1994)
- Public Sculpture: America's Legacy (Video recording : 1994)
- Latino Voices: Artists and Community (Video recording : 1996)
- America Past and Present (Video series)
- Singular Impressions: The Art of Monotype (Video recording : 1997)
- Latino Art and Culture in the United States (Video recording : 1996)
- Museums -- Educational aspects
- Art museums
- Museum exhibits
- Video recordings -- Production and direction
- Documentary videos
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 05-031, National Museum of American Art. Office of Educational Programs, Program Records