Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Museum of Natural History. Office of Exhibits
Exhibition Records, circa 1980-2002
The records offer primary documentation of natural history exhibition production at the Smithsonian. Exhibits include "Ainu: Spirit of a Northern People," "Spiders!," "Japanese Ceramics Today: Masterworks from the Kikuchi Collection," "5000 Years of Korean Art," "Seeds of Change," "Ocean Planet," "Crossroads of Continents: Cultures of Siberia and Alaska," and "Vikings: The North Atlantic Saga." Materials include correspondence, memoranda, photographs, condition reports, layouts, scripts, publications and work contracts.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Ainu: Spirit of a Northern People (Exhibition) (1999: Washington, D.C.)
- Spiders! (Exhibition) (1994 Washington, D.C.)
- Japanese Ceramics Today: Masterworks from the Kikuchi Collection (Exhibition) (1983 Washington, D.C.)
- 5000 Years of Korean Art (Exhibition) (1981 Washington, D.C.)
- Seeds of Change (Exhibition) (1991-1993: Washington, D.C.)
- Ocean Planet (Exhibition) (1995 Washington, D.C.)
- Crossroads of Continents: Cultures of Siberia and Alaska (Exhibition) (1988 Washington, D.C.)
- Vikings: The North Atlantic Saga (Exhibition) (2000 Washington, D.C.)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 05-017, National Museum of Natural History. Office of Exhibits, Exhibition Records