Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Computer Services
This accession consists of publications issued by the Office of Computer Services (OCS), with earlier issues dating from when OCS was known as the Smithsonian's Information Systems Division. The publications pertain to the Smithsonian Institution Information Retrieval System (SIIRS) and, beginning in the early 1970s, SELGEM (SELf-GEnerating Master System), which replaced SIIRS. Materials include publications.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Smithsonian Institution. Information Systems Division
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of Computer Services. Smithsonian Institution Information Retrieval System
- SELf GEnerating Master (SELGEM)
- Information storage and retrieval systems
- Computer systems
- Information technology
- Information resources management
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 84-222, Smithsonian Institution. Office of Computer Services, Publications