Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Directorate of International Activities
Records, circa 1985-1987
These records document agendas associated with special programs, exhibitions, and related budgetary matters of the International Center and individuals or outside organizations that participate in the activities of the Center. Materials include correspondence and memoranda; Smithsonian Year 1985 Supplement: Chronology and Appendixes; "Madagascar Workshop" information; exhibit data for the Festival of India; financial statements and budget proposals; itineraries for various special events; Social Science Research Council, conference details on research access; minutes of meetings, establishment of policies, Federal institutional training, position reviews, and affirmative action plans in connection with the (ERB) Executive Resources Board; concepts of the National Institute for Conservation; Directorate of International Activities (DIA) Newsletters; fellowship information; preliminary planning report of the Steering Committee for the "Columbus Quincentenary Program"; papers; exhibit information for Magnificent Voyagers: The United States Exploring Expedition, 1838-1842, Generations: Birth Rituals and the Roots of Becoming, Micronesia, and Crossroads of Continents: Cultures of Siberia and Alaska; slides; personal curricula vitae; Guide to International Research and Exchanges (1986), published by the Office of Service and Protocol; draft proposals for outside funding from different agencies; brochures; and exhibit scripts.
See also Accession 91-012 for related information.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Smithsonian Institution. Executive Resources Board
- National Institute for Conservation
- Social Science Research Council (U.S.)
- Columbian Quincentenary Symposium
- Crossroads of Continents: Cultures of Siberia and Alaska (Exhibition) (1988: Washington D.C.)
- Festival of India (Exhibition) (1985-1986: Washington, D.C.)
- Generations: Birth Rituals and the Roots of Becoming (Exhibition) (1987: Washington, D.C.)
- Madagascar Workshop
- Magnificent Voyagers: The United States Exploring Expedition, 1838-1842 (Exhibition) (1985-1986: Washington, D.C.)
- Guide to international research and exchanges (Monograph)
- Smithsonian year supplement: chronology and appendices (Serial)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 91-017, Smithsonian Institution, Directorate of International Activities, Records