Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Interdisciplinary Studies
Symposia and Seminars Records, 1983-1992
This accession consists of records which document planning for symposiums, with earlier records dating back to the Office of Symposia and Seminars. Materials include the correspondence of Wilton Dillon, Director, 1987-1988, and Chair, 1989; Carla M. Borden, Associate Director, 1987, Acting Director, 1988, and Senior Program Specialist, 1988; and Neil G. Kotler, Program Specialist, pertaining to administrative issues, budget planning, special events, and symposiums; release forms; contracts; information about fundraising, grants, donations, and awards; budget summaries; and files pertaining to the World Food Prize, the Times Mirror Foundation, the Ford Foundation, the Annie Laurie Aitken Charitable Trust, the Statue of Liberty Centennial Celebration, and the Close Up Foundation.
The symposia documented in this accession include "Constitutional Roots, Rights and Responsibilities," "Afro-Americans and the Evolution of a Living Constitution," "Man and Beast Revisited," and "Les Droits de l'Homme and Scientific Progress."
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Borden, Carla M.
- Dillon, Wilton S., 1923-
- Kotler, Neil G., 1941-
- Close Up Foundation
- Ford Foundation
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of Symposia and Seminars
- Annie Laurie Aitken Charitable Trust
- Time Mirror Foundation
- Constitutional Roots, Rights and Responsibilities (Symposium) (1987: Washington, D.C.)
- Les Droits de l'Homme and Scientific Progress (Symposium) (1989: Washington, D.C.)
- Man and Beast Revisited (Symposium) (1986: Front Royal, Va.)
- Afro-Americans and the Evolution of a Living Constitution (Symposium) (1988: Washington, D.C.)
- Special events
- Statue of Liberty (New York, N.Y.) -- Centennial celebrations, etc.
- World Food Prize
- Museums -- Educational aspects
- Congresses and conventions
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 94-011, Smithsonian Institution. Office of Interdisciplinary Studies, Symposia and Seminars Records