Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications
Production Records, circa 1976-1994
This accession includes the records of Jean B. Quinnette, secretary to the Director of the Office of Telecommunications (OTC), 1974-1976; Assistant Production Coordinator, 1977; Production Coordinator, 1978-1979; Telecommunications Specialist, 1980-1985; and Audio Visual Production Specialist, 1986-1994. Records document work on OTC productions, which include "Telling Lives: The Art of Biography," "National Collection of Fine Arts: Legacy Film Project," "Frank Lloyd Wright Film," "Visiting Nurse Project," and "Here at the Smithsonian" (HATS). Consists of production proposals, contracts, treatment scripts, funding information, and activities reports; personal research notes; correspondence and memoranda; articles and other literature pertaining to finished productions; staff and historical photographs; letters of public inquiry; audiotape and slides from the Educational Outreach Slide Show; and information concerning the Biodiversity Teleconference.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Wright, Frank Lloyd, 1867-1959 -- Motion pictures
- Quinnette, Jean B.
- Unesco. Programme on Man and the Biosphere. Biodiversity Teleconference
- National Museum of American History (U.S.). Educational Outreach Program
- National Collection of Fine Arts (U.S.). Legacy Film Project
- Here at the Smithsonian (Television program)
- Telling Lives: the biographer's art (Monograph)
- Intellectual property
- Motion pictures -- Production and direction
- Television -- Production and direction
- Documentary films
- Documentary television programs
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 95-003, Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications, Production Records