Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Exhibits Central
Exhibition Records, 1983, 1986-1990
This accession consists of edited exhibition scripts, outlines, and designs for mostly Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service (SITES); memoranda to and from other bureaus within the Smithsonian Institution; correspondence between curators and exhibition designers; drawings, sketches and architectural and electrical designs for such SITES exhibitions as Preserving Architectural Heritage: Frank Lloyd Wright Decorative Arts in the Domino's Pizza Collection, Tropical Rainforests: A Disappearing Treasure, All Systems Go: America's Space Transportation System for the 1990s, African American Artists: Selections from the Evans-Tibbs Collection, 1880-1987, and India Along the Ganges.
Interspersed among the records are pamphlets, brochures, newspaper and journal articles, exhibition reviews, color slides, color prints, requisitions for supplies and photographic duplication, and posters.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Smithsonian Institution. Traveling Exhibition Service
- African American Artists, 1880-1987: Selections from the Evans-Tibbs Collection (Exhibition) (1989: Hanover, N.H.)
- All Systems Go: America's Space Transportation Systems for the 1990s (Exhibition) (1989)
- India Along the Ganges: Photographs by Raghubir Singh (Traveling exhibition)
- Frank Lloyd Wright: Preserving an Architectural Heritage (Exhibition) (1990)
- Tropical Rainforests: A Disappearing Treasure (Exhibition) (1988: Washington, D.C.)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
- Architectural drawings
- Black-and-white photographs
- Color photographs
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 96-085, Smithsonian Institution, Office of Exhibits Central, Exhibition Records