Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Center for Museum Studies
This accession consists of files of the visiting professional program; correspondence with professional and various experts in museum issues; memoranda; audience course outlines; workshop evaluations; and records pertaining to registration methods, photographic methods for museum personnel, museum security, fire, safety and health programs for museum and cultural properties, museum lighting, museum career workshop and museum collection storage.
Also includes records concerning International Museum Services Project, Office of Museum Programs (OMP), Latino Program of FY 1995/FY 1996, Friday Music Series, Ghana/Jamaica Training Program, Asian American Presence at the Smithsonian, African Voices Project, Minorities in Museum Discussion, Collections Management Roundtable, Public Programming Roundtable, OMP mission statement and the Smithsonian 150th Anniversary Program Committee; OMP's Resident Study Program; and applications for Awards for Museum Leadership.
In addition are flyers announcing film programs and community events; briefing materials for visiting fellows; activity reports; records relating to intern services, Central American Training Partnership, Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service (SITES) Course Curriculum and Training Project, names, addresses and biographical information of fellows, pertaining to museum training needs and museum careers, materials for teacher courses; and brochures and pamphlets.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Smithsonian Institution. Center for Museum Studies. African Voices Project
- Smithsonian Institution. Friday Music Series
- Directorate of International Activities. International Museum Services Project
- Smithsonian Institution. Center for Museum Studies. Latino Program
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of Museum Programs
- Smithsonian Institution. 150th Anniversary Program Committee
- Museums -- Educational aspects
- Museums -- Collection management
- Museums -- Security
- Museums -- Study and teaching
- Museums -- Safety measures
- Museums -- Employees
- Museum storage facilities
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 97-082, Smithsonian Institution, Center for Museum Studies, Records