Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
National Portrait Gallery. Office of Exhibitions
Exhibition Records, circa 1966-1991
This accession consists of materials pertaining to National Portrait Gallery (NPG) exhibitions. Materials include photographs and labels, and relate to exhibition records found in Accessions 91-093 and 93-008 and Record Unit 361.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Black Presence in the Era of the American Revolution 1770-1800 (Exhibition) (1973: Washington, D.C.)
- This New Man: A Discourse in Protratis (Exhibition) (1968: Washington, D.C.
- James Barton Longacre: A Nineteenth Century Gallery of Distringuished Americans (Exhibition) (1969: Washington, D.C.)
- James Weldon Johnson (Exhibition) (1970: Washington, D.C.)
- Augustus Saint-Gaudens: The Portrait Reliefs (Exhibition) (1969: Washington, D.C.)
- Portraits from The Americans: The Democratic Experience (Exhibition) (1975: Washington, D.C.)
- Abroad in America: Visitors to the New Nation 1776-1914 (Exhibition) (1976: Washington, D.C.)
- Davy Crockett: Gentleman from the Cane (Exhibition) (1986: Washington, D.C.)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 99-096, National Portrait Gallery. Office of Exhibitions, Exhibition Records