Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Facilities Engineering and Operations
Director's Records, 1979-2002
This accession includes the records of William W. Brubaker, Director, 2001- , with earlier records documenting the activities of Richard L. Siegle, Director, Office of Facilities Services, 1987-1994. Material includes correspondence, memoranda, and notes; budget summaries; quarterly program review; blueprints; building repairs and restoration information; audits; site agreements for special events; survey information; photographs of architectural models and drawings; and reports.
Specific museums and buildings documented in this collection include: the Quadrangle Complex, the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute, the Smithsonian Environmental Research Center, the National Museum of Natural History, the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory's Whipple Observatory, and the Patent Office Building.
Restricted for 15 years, until Jan-01-2018; Transferring office; 3/17/2004 memorandum, Johnstone to Hong; Contact reference staff for details.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Brubaker, William W.
- Siegle, Richard L.
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of Facilities Services
- Smithsonian Institution. Quadrangle Complex
- Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute
- Smithsonian Environmental Research Center
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.)
- Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory
- Fred Lawrence Whipple Observatory
- Patent Office Building (Washington, D.C.)
- Architecture -- Conservation and restoration
- Museum buildings
- Smithsonian buildings
- Buildings -- Maintenance
- Buildings -- Repair and reconstruction
- Architectural design
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
- Architectural drawings
- Color photographs
- Black-and-white photographs
- Video recordings
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 04-078, Smithsonian Institution. Office of Facilities Engineering and Operations, Director's Records