Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Exhibits Programs
Exhibition Records, circa 1960-1971
This accession consists of drawings documenting early exhibitions at the Museum of History and Technology, including the Hall of Tools, the Hall of Vehicles, and the Halls of Medical Sciences. Some displays for the Halls of Medical Sciences were first exhibited in the Arts and Industries Building. A few materials document an exhibition on Congo hairstyles at the National Museum of Natural History and an unidentified special exhibition. Most materials were created by John R. Clendening, Designer, Office of Exhibits Programs. Materials include color and black and white original sketches of exhibition cases, objects, and displays as well as artwork related to the exhibitions.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Clendening, John R.
- Museum of History and Technology (U.S.)
- Arts and Industries Building (Washington, D.C.)
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.) -- Exhibitions
- Museum of History and Technology (U.S.). Hall of Tools
- Museum of History and Technology (U.S.). Hall of Vehicles
- Museum of History and Technology (U.S.). Hall of Medical Sciences
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 04-060, Smithsonian Institution, Office of Exhibits Programs, Exhibition Records