Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden. Curatorial Department
Exhibition Records, 1984-1986, 1990, 1993-2002
This accession consists of materials documenting the planning, development, installation, fundraising, and publicity of the exhibitions DIRECTIONS: Louise Lawler - Monochrome, DIRECTIONS: Rudolf Schwarzkogler, DIRECTIONS: Byron Kim 'Grey Green', Gary Hill, Juan Munoz, William Kentridge, Robert Gober: Drawings + Sculptures, and Chuck Close. Materials include memoranda, correspondence, floor plans, label text, proposals, checklists, funding and fundraising information, budgets, press releases, brochure texts, and research.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Juan Munoz (Exhibition) (2001-2002: Washington, D.C.)
- DIRECTIONS: Louise Lawler - Monochrome (Exhibition) (1997: Washington, D.C.)
- DIRECTIONS: Rudolf Schwarzkogler (Exhibition) (1996-1997: Washington, D.C.)
- DIRECTIONS: Byron Kim "Grey Green" (Exhibition) (1996: Washington, D.C.)
- Gary Hill (Exhibition) (1994: Washington, D.C.)
- William Kentridge (Exhibition) (2001: Washington, D.C.)
- Robert Gober: Drawings + Sculptures (Exhibition) (2000: Washington, D.C.)
- Chuck Close (Exhibition) (1998-1999: Washington, D.C.)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 04-053, Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden. Curatorial Department, Exhibition Records