Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Traveling Exhibition Service
Exhibition Records, 1983-1989
This accession consists of records that document the planning, execution, administration, and promotion of traveling exhibitions. The bulk of the collection covers the year 1985. The records were created and maintained by Peggy A. Loar, Director (1981-circa 1991).
Materials include correspondence, memoranda, press releases, press kits, catalog text, itineraries, fact sheets, checklists, meeting agendas, clippings, budgets, proposals, brochures, notes and related records.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Loar, Peggy A.
- Crossroads of Continents: Cultures of Siberia and Alaska (Exhibition) (1988: Washington D.C.)
- Elba to Damascus: Art and Archaeology of Ancient Syria (Exhibition) (1987: Washington, D.C.)
- Generations: Birth Rituals and the Roots of Becoming (Exhibition) (1987: Washington, D.C.)
- King Herod's Dream: Caesarea on the Sea (Exhibition) (1988: Washington, D.C.)
- Hollywood: Legend and Reality (Traveling exhibition)
- Master Swedish Drawings and Watercolors (Traveling exhibition) (circa 1988)
- New Horizons: American Painting, 1840-1910 (Traveling exhibition) (1987-1988)
- Art Nouveau Bing: The Paris Style 1900 (Exhibition) (1987: New York, N.Y.)
- Russia, The Land, The People: Russian Painting 1850-1910 (Traveling exhibition) (1986-1987)
- Treasures from the Smithsonian Institution at the Royal Scottish Museum (Exhibition) (1984: Edinburgh, Scotland)
- Tropical Rainforests: A Disappearing Treasure (Exhibition) (1988: Washington, D.C.)
- Views of Rome: Watercolors and Drawings from the Collection of the Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana (Traveling exhibition) (1988-1991)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 01-133, Smithsonian Institution, Traveling Exhibition Service, Exhibition Records