Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Information Technology
Administrative Records, 1982-2000
These records document the administrative activities of the Office of Information Technology, and its predecessor the Office of Information Resource Management (OIRM). Materials include the correspondence and memoranda of Vincent J. Marcalus, former OIRM Director, pertaining to management, budget, and special projects; OIRM Roles and Responsibilities Task Force report; planning and policy information pertaining to the PROFS Electronic Mail System, the Smithsonian Institution Bibliographic Information System (SIBIS), and the Collections Information System (CIS); project contractual agreements with computer technology firms; OIRM budget and funding proposals; committee and staff meeting minutes; and information on the OIRM Vision Project, Information Resource Center, and mainframe system.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Marcalus, Vincent J.
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of Information Resource Management
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of Information Technology. Collections Information System
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of Information Resource Management. Smithsonian Institution Bibliographic Information System
- Information technology
- Information resources management
- Computer systems
- Information storage and retrieval systems
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 01-132, Smithsonian Institution. Office of Information Technology, Administrative Records