Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery. Department of Design and Production
Exhibition Records, 1988-1991
This accession consists of records created and maintained by John Zelenik, Head of Design and Production, documenting the design and production of the exhibitions "Chinese Scholar's Studio: Artistic Life in the Late Ming Period," "Timur and the Princely Vision: Persian Art and Culture in the Fifteenth Century," "Jeweler's Eye: Islamic Arts of the Book from the Vever Collection," and "Court Arts of Indonesia." Materials include correspondence, memoranda, production and installation schedules, descriptive object lists, color and black and white photographs and negatives of objects, proposed layouts for exhibitions, drawing proposals for cases, graphics, and printed source material.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Zelenik, John R.
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Arthur M. Sackler Gallery (Smithsonian Institution)
- Chinese Scholar's Studio: Artistic Life in the Late Ming Period (Exhibition) (1988: Washington, D.C.)
- Timur and the Princely Vision: Persian Art and Culture in the Fifteenth Century (Exhibition) (1989: Washington, D.C.)
- Jeweler's Eye: Islamic Arts of the Book from the Vever Collection (Exhibition) (1988: Washington, DC)
- Court Arts of Indonesia (Exhibition) (1991: Washington, D.C.)
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
- Floor plans
- Black-and-white photographs
- Black-and-white negatives
- Color negatives
- Color photographs
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 01-236, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery. Department of Design and Production, Exhibition Records