Finding Aids to Official Records of the Smithsonian Institution Archives
Smithsonian Institution. Office of the Counselor to the Secretary
Administrative Records, 1990-1997
This accession consists of records that document the administrative activities of Marc Pachter during his tenure as Deputy Assistant Secretary for External Affairs (1990-1994); Counselor to the Secretary for Electronic Communications and Special Projects (1994-1995); and Counselor to the Secretary (1995-2000), respectively.
The records document activities associated with the formation and work of the Electronic Media Board [EMB] (1991-1997), which was established to address the issues of uniformity and efficiency in the review and production of Smithsonian electronic media outreach and education efforts. See Accession 00-138 for a detailed description of the Board and its mandate.
In addition to the records of the Electronic Media Board, there are records relating to Pachter's interaction with the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars; The Smithsonian Associates; the Smithsonian World television program; the Office of Telecommunications; Smithsonian Press and Productions; the Museum of the American Indian; the Office of Institutional Studies; the National Portrait Gallery; the Office of Sponsored Projects; and a major trip to Japan. Additional material relates to his involvement in the promotion and public awareness of exhibitions and educational programs and projects.
Materials include agendas, minutes, notes, reference files, correspondence, memoranda, reports, press kits, photographs, booklets, brochures, development files, budget files, subject files, and related records.
This collection is indexed under the following access terms. These are links to collections with related topics, persons or places.
- Pachter, Marc
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of the Counselor to the Secretary for Electronic Media and Special Projects
- United States. Department of the Interior
- National Portrait Gallery (U.S.)
- Smithsonian Institution. Office of Membership and Development
- National Museum of the American Indian (U.S.)
- Smithsonian Press/Smithsonian Productions
- Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
- Smithsonian Associates
- Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
- Red, Hot, and Blue: A Salute to American Musicals (Exhibition) (1996: Washington, D.C.)
- Smithsonian World (Television program : 1984-1991)
- Interactive multimedia
- Media programs -- Education
- Intellectual property
- Museum exhibits
- Museums -- Administration
- Museums -- Educational aspects
Physical Characteristics of Materials in the Collection
- Compact discs
- Black-and-white photographs
- Color photographs
Smithsonian Institution Archives, Accession 01-124, Smithsonian Institution, Office of the Counselor to the Secretary, Administrative Records